Chevy is a classic American car brand with a long history and many beloved models in its lineup over the years, both reliable and unreliable. Thankfully, we have many excellent resources like Consumer Reports, Edmunds, and U.S. News & World Report for researching the reliability of both new and used vehicles. If you are looking to buy a new or used Chevy, there are many reliable options.
Top 5 Reliable Chevy Models
For 2019, U.S. News & World Report compiled a list of the 38 Most Reliable New Cars in 2019 and five reliable Chevy models made the list, including in the Top 10. Here are those models in ascending order:
- #33 2019 Chevrolet Equinox
- Reliability Score: 4.0/5 | U.S. News Overall Score: 8.1/10
- The Equinox, a compact SUV, is noted reliable, nicely priced, and filled with features.
- #23 2019 Chevrolet Impala
- Reliability Score: 4.0/5 U.S. News Overall Score: 8.5/10
- The Impala is a large car that is considered dependable, safe, comfortable, and sensible.
- #19 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Reliability Score: 4.0/5 | U.S. News Overall Score: 8.7/10
- The Silverado 1500 is one of Chevy’s famous full-size pickup trucks and boasts dependability, a big engine, and a spacious and comfortable ride.
- #10 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Reliability Score: 4.5/5 | U.S. News Overall Score: 8.4/10
- Chevy’s large SUV, the Tahoe, offers a lot of great features in addition to being reliable – aggressive engines, high towing capacity, good fuel economy for its class, and a quiet, comfortable ride.
- #5 2019 Chevrolet Cruze
- Reliability Score: 4.5/5 | U.S. News Overall Score: 8.5/10
- The Cruze is a popular compact car that packs a big punch. The Chevy Cruze includes a superior interior, superb fuel economy, and it handles well.
Consider a Vehicle Warranty
No matter which Chevy model you decide to buy, breakdowns are always a strong possibility. Even the most reliable Chevy models need repairs from time to time. If your original Chevy vehicle warranty has expired, then you will have to pay for the full cost of repairs. That is unless you have an extended vehicle warranty or vehicle protection plan! An extended car warranty or vehicle protection plan can assist in paying for repairs to your Chevy when things go wrong. Plus, you can also find extended protection plans that offer extra benefits and features to give you automotive peace of mind.
A lot of companies offer many types of plans, so do your research and ask for multiple quotes before you buy. The abundance of options means you can find a plan to fit your budget and needs. I invite you to contact autopom! to learn more about how we can help you.