Should You Buy a Mercury Extended Warranty?
When searching for a new or used car, many buyers will consider whether or not they should purchase a vehicle protection plan (commonly called an “extended warranty”).
What Is An Extended Warranty?
You may wonder what an extended warranty is and exactly what the benefits are. An extended warranty, as sold by the manufacturer, is a voluntarily elected layer of vehicle protection and benefits typically sold through a dealer. When sold by a third-party such as autopom!, it is called a Vehicle Protection Plan or Vehicle Service Contract but is essentially the same coverage.
In either case, you purchase extended coverage and a third-party assumes the risk and responsibility for the repair of your vehicle for a specific period of time. Purchasing through a dealer, however, is often times more expensive than purchasing through a third party, and will usually limit you to returning to that same dealer every time you have a claim.
Regardless of who you buy the warranty from, the coverage is designed to “extend” protection beyond the limits of the manufacturer’s standard warranty.
Why You Should Choose Mercury
You may want to consider Mechanical Breakdown Protection from Mercury (commonly called “Mercury extended warranty”) as an option. Here are a few reasons why:
- Mercury has 4 billion dollars in assets, so you can be sure there will always be resources to pay your claims
- Mercury is a company that has been around since the 70’s so you know there not a fly-by-night company.
- Mercury Select Management Company (MSMC), the administrator of Mercury’s Mechanical Breakdown Protection products, regularly earns an A+ rating from A.M. Best. The company has 4 billion in assets so you know there will always be resources to pay your claims.
- Mercury is well known in Texas, California, and Florida as a low cost leader in auto and home owners insurance and is quickly expanding throughout the U.S.
If you decide to purchase mechanical breakdown protection from Mercury (commonly called “Mercury extended warranty”) you can be assured you are in good hands. Mercury has been in the business since the 70’s and has sold and administered hundreds of thousands of contracts and policies. This is a product that was originally sold only through financial institutions such as banks and credit unions, who are well known for being very serious about quality and customer satisfaction. This same product is now available direct to the public.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection from Mercury will:
- Provide customer service from an actual Mercury agent, not from some call center on the other side of the world.
- Pay your claims, on time, every time. The claims adjusters are certified by the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence.
- If you terminate your contract before the expiration date, or choose not to transfer it to a new buyer you will get a pro-rata refund on your premium.
- You’ll get your fulfillment kit within a few weeks of purchasing the coverage.
- Payment plans are available with 0% interest
The Benefits of Choosing Mercury
Mechanical Breakdown Protection from Mercury, (commonly called “Mercury extended warranty”) offers fantastic features such as:
- Repairs at any licensed U.S. or Canadian repair shop.
- No claim limit and you only pay one deductible per visit.
- Mercury handles all of their own claims; they pay the repair shops directly via credit card over the phone.
For your convenience, Mechanical Breakdown Protection from Mercury, (commonly called “Mercury extended warranty”) offers:
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Rental car assistance
- If your car breaks down more than 100 miles away from your home, and you are stranded, you will get lodging and meal coverage for up to 3 days.
Levels of Protection
Mercury offers three or four levels of coverage depending upon the state and vehicle eligibility.
We suggest Platinum or Ultimate plan (depending on the state) because it offers the most coverage for your car. This type of coverage is typically referred to as “bumper-to-bumper” protection, however, the correct term is “Exclusionary” because it names a short list of components that are excluded and everything else is covered per the terms of the contract. Just about every mechanical and electrical component will be covered on your vehicle with the Platinum or Ultimate level unless it is specifically excluded in the agreement.
For additional information please give us a call at (800) 724-8141 or request a quote below.
If you like the idea of direct customer service, a great product from a reputable company then don’t hesitate to request a quote.
So all of this sounds good. Great company, superior product, not outsourced to a third party. What’s not to like? Get a quote from autopom! and compare to our competition. autopom! is an authorized agent for Mercury. Autopom has an “A+” rating from the BBB. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at the affordable price and payment options.
For further information regarding Mercury Insurance Company, please refer to the following article: