When you buy a luxury vehicle like Cadillac, an extended Cadillac warranty or vehicle protection plan is a great way to protect your investment.
Cadillac is synonymous with class and sophistication. The brand may not carry the same prestige as BMW or Lexus, but it does exist for the sole purpose of producing luxury vehicles. This fact alone separates it from the massive pack of average cars clogging American roads. There is just something about a Cadillac that distinguishes it from all the others. It’s recognizable. It’s refined. It stands out in a crowd.
If you are of a certain generation, you may think of Cadillac as your grandparents’ type of car or the choice of the wealthy. Perhaps there was a time when this was true. For many years young families were not putting Cadillac on the top of their wish lists. However, things seem to be changing, albeit slowly. Younger people still tend to gravitate to other luxury brands, but Cadillac is making some inroads.
Although the brand has a reputation for super-sized vehicles worthy of the Presidential State Car, it has come a long way in its efforts to create models that appeal to a broader group of people. It now offers sedans and SUVs of every size and shape, all equipped with the latest technology and Cadillac’s distinctive style.
Cadillac has been around since 1902, so it’s safe to say that when it comes to building cars, they know what they are doing. Despite a struggling economy and a bankruptcy that resulted in GM closing down their well-known Saturn, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile brands, Cadillac continues to stand. While the quality and reliability of some models is shaky, the manufacturer has worked hard on improving their ratings in an effort to compete with German imports and other popular luxury brands.
When you own a Cadillac, you can expect comfort and refinement. But, upscale features are also expensive to repair. If you are going to spend the extra money on a higher-end vehicle, it makes sense to protect your investment with a Cadillac extended warranty or vehicle protection plan. Just the convenience of roadside assistance and a rental vehicle while yours is being repaired is worth the minimum monthly payment of mechanical breakdown coverage. After all, you want to drive in style – not stress. When it comes to your driving experience, an extended Cadillac warranty or vehicle protection plan can give you the peace of mind you are looking for.
Pros of Owning a Cadillac:
- Class, refinement
- Great safety ratings
- State-of-the-art technology
- A lot of bells and whistles and extra features
- Size and comfort
- Some models have very high-reliability ratings
Cons of Owning a Cadillac:
- Some models have low-reliability ratings
- Higher than average repair and maintenance costs
- Poor fuel economy
- Low quality and performance ratings
4 Models You Should Protect with an Extended Cadillac Warranty
Cadillac has some models that stand head and shoulders above the competition; however, they also have some vehicles that have a history of both dependability and mechanical issues.
- Cadillac Escalade: This full-size SUV is one of Cadillac’s most popular vehicles, but it has a reputation for low reliability and a high cost of ownership. Some of the most prominent problems include poor braking and handling, electrical issues, and trouble with the engine.
- Cadillac CTS: This model has improved a lot in the last couple of years, but it does have a history of low reliability. While the 2010 models seem to be especially bad, other model years are also known for having issues with the transmission, timing chain, electrical system, steering column, ignition, engine, and accessories.
- Cadillac STS: Although this model was discontinued in 2011, it is still an available used car option. Most model years received a two circle rating for both quality and dependability, with the most common problems being related to the electrical and braking systems. Yes, it has its issues, but it is a comfortable, classy car that can give you years of driving pleasure….if you have extended coverage.
- Cadillac SRX: Despite being Cadillac’s best selling model since 2010, the SRX only receives a two circle rating for both quality and dependability. The SUV has had several recalls over the years, with its long list of problems including the engine cooling system, powertrain, electronic stability control, faulty power steering, ignition, sloppy driveshafts, and the electrical system. This is one of Cadillac’s most attractive models – the perfect mix of luxury and practicality. Like the STS, it can be a great vehicle to own, but it is also an ideal candidate for a vehicle protection plan.
An extended Cadillac warranty – sold by autopom! as a Cadillac vehicle protection plan – is an affordable way to own a North American made luxury vehicle without the stress and worry of having to pay for the expensive repairs often associated with upscale cars.