Summer road trip season is here! Are you ready? Have you planned anything fun? Well, before you head out on that summer adventure, don’t forget to check your tires!
As I’m sure you already know, tires are critical to getting you to your destination safely, and the condition of your tires affects the comfort of your ride as well as fuel efficiency. If you want to make sure your tires are in good shape before your road trip, here are five things to check before you leave:
- Check the general condition of your tires. Do they look like they’re in good condition? Or do they look like they need some work? If they look like they need some work, or you’re not sure, I advise you to take your car to a repair shop or tire shop and have them checked out.
- Check the tread and how evenly (or unevenly) the tires are wearing. Do they need a rotation? Do any of them need to be replaced? You should have your tires rotated regularly, but if it’s been awhile or your tires could use it, have them rotated before a summer road trip. Even more importantly, check and replace any tires whose tread has worn down too low.
- Check tire air pressure. This is one you can definitely do on your own, but you can also get a free air pressure check at many gas stations and tire service centers. Keeping your tires properly inflated prevents premature wear on them and can improve fuel efficiency.
- Check your spare tire. First, make sure you have a spare tire! Next, make sure it is in good condition and ready to go if you need to use it.
- Check your tools for (and knowledge of!) changing a tire. Getting a flat tire on your road trip can be very frustrating. Thankfully, it’s an easy fix, as long as you (or someone with you) knows how to change a tire. There are endless articles and videos online that can teach you how to do this, or you can view the key steps here.
Checking your tires before going on that next road trip is important, but keeping your entire vehicle in good shape is important too! You can make it easier to take care of your whole vehicle with extended vehicle protection. If your car is no longer under the manufacturer’s warranty (or that warranty is expiring soon), you may want to consider an extended car warranty or vehicle protection plan. A vehicle protection plan covers the cost of certain repairs and problems after the original manufacturer’s warranty expires. A vehicle protection plan can often pay for itself in just one auto repair bill and will give you the peace of mind knowing that your vehicle will be taken care of if a mechanical breakdown happens.
I invite you to contact autopom! today for your free quote! When you get a vehicle protection plan from autopom!, you get much more than just repairs. Here are some of the great features and benefits that autopom! offers:
- Protection against unplanned auto repair expenses due to mechanical failure after the manufacturer’s warranty expires
- Your choice of repair shops
- Roadside Assistance (including towing)
- Rental Car Assistance
- Tire Protection (not available on all plans)
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement
- Your choice of a variety of plan options in terms of months and mileage
- Convenient payment plans
- 30 or 60-day money-back guarantee and pro-rated thereafter
Contact autopom! today and let one of our friendly and knowledgeable agents help you! Third-party providers, like autopom!, can give you great coverage for less money than packages offered through car dealerships, so you can have peace of mind and save even more money. And we promise to work with you to find you the best plan for your needs at a competitive price. Also licensed to sell in California! Contact autopom! today!