Shopping for a new, or new to you, car? There are so many factors to consider, including the make, model, year, color, etc., that it can get overwhelming. Many people think the vehicle’s safety features are an important factor in their purchase decision, too. Today’s vehicles have countless advanced car safety features, many of which did not exist only a decade or so ago. Although we think more safety features are a good thing, there are some that stand out.
Here are 3 car safety features you should look for when purchasing your vehicle.
- Automatic emergency braking: This one is so important that more than 20 vehicle manufacturers have come together and agreed to implement it as a standard feature in all of their vehicles by 2022! What is it? When a vehicle senses a collision is about to happen, brakes are automatically applied to help stop that collision or minimize its severity.
- Backup camera: Coming from personal experience, having a backup camera is wonderful! It can definitely improve the safety of backing up a car. Did you know that 50 children under age 15 are hurt or killed from back-over collisions every week in the U.S.? This statistic is probably a big reason why federal rules actually require backup cameras on all new vehicles as of year 2018.
- Blind-spot monitoring: This is when your car gives a visual and/or audible notification of a vehicle in a blind spot. Some systems even have an extra warning if you use your turn signal when there is a car next to you in another lane. This feature is becoming more common, and more consumers are beginning to demand it because it really can decrease the chances of an accident.
Car safety features are key to making a decision on a vehicle that is right for you. However, there are other things to consider as well. For example, a vehicle warranty or an extended vehicle warranty. If you’re buying a new car, you need to think about both. If you’re buying a used car, you will want to look at an extended vehicle warranty. What is an extended vehicle warranty, or vehicle protection plan? It is essentially a contract that covers the cost of certain repairs and problems after the original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
As you are deciding on which car safety features to look for in your vehicle, don’t forget to consider an extended car warranty. If you would like to learn more about your options for an extended vehicle warranty or vehicle protection plan, we recommend getting at least a few quotes.
I recommend you start with autopom! Contact autopom! today and let one of our knowledgeable agents help you. When you get a vehicle protection plan from autopom!, you get much more than just repairs. Here are some of the great features and benefits that autopom! offers:
- Protection against unplanned auto repair expenses due to mechanical failure after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
- Your choice of repair shops.
- Roadside Assistance (including towing)
- Rental Car Assistance
- Tire Protection
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement
- Your choice of a variety of plan options in terms of months and mileage.
- Convenient payment plans
- 30 or 60-day money-back guarantee and pro-rated thereafter
Contact autopom! today and let one of our friendly and knowledgeable agents help you! Third-party providers like autopom! can give you great coverage for less money than packages offered through car dealerships, so you can have peace of mind and save even more money. And we promise to work with you to find you the best plan for your needs at a competitive price. Also licensed to sell in California! Contact autopom! today!