Generally speaking, a vehicle protection plan is a service contract that covers the cost of certain repairs and problems after the original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
It is important to understand the parties that are involved in offering your vehicle protection plan.
- Seller – Represents the Administrator and is responsible for marketing, selling and customer service. autopom! is a “Seller”. A Seller can represent multiple Administrators. autopom! currently represents four Administrators.
- Administrator – Responsible for providing primary customer service, approving claims, paying claims and dealing with the repair facility. Your contract is between you and the Administrator (not the Seller).
- Insurance Company – Backs the Administrator and Seller.
Here are six things to consider when evaluating Vehicle Protection Plan providers:
1. Rating and Reliability
- The Insurance company: Look for an “A” or “A+” rating from reputable national rating agencies such as A.M. Best (ambest.com). By picking a dependable insurance company with a good track record, your mind will be at ease knowing you can get the help you paid for when you need it.
- The Seller and Administrator: Look for an “A” or “A+” rating from the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Make sure they are also an “Accredited member of the BBB. autopom!
- autopom! is an Accredited member of the BBB. autopom! has an “A” rating with the BBB.
2. Cost and Customer Service
- Get competitive quotes.
- Search your favorite search engine for “xyzanycompany.com” “complaints”
- Buy a vehicle protection plan from autopom! and you can save substantial money and receive outstanding customer service from a dedicated autopom! Coverage Consultant. We are determined to be cost competitive too! Bring your competitve quote to us and let one of our dedicated autopom! Coverage Consultants go to work for you. With autopom! you can be certain that you will get the attention you deserve. See autopom! Reviews.
3. Flexibility and Convenience
- Can repairs repairs be preformed at any licensed facility nationwide?
- Or, do you have to take your vehicle to the dealership?
- If you like the flexibility of being able to choose the mechanics you prefer and the repair shops you want, then let one of our friendly autopom! Coverage Consultants assist you with a quote.
4. Limits and Restrictions
When comparing Vehicle Protection Plan providers, it is important to compare “apples-to-apples” and consider restrictions stipulated in the contract.
- Be sure to compare equivalent plan coverage types (“Exclusionary to Exclusionary” and “Named Component to Named Component”).
- Are there limits to how many claims can be made?
- What is the cap on a claim?
- What is their policy regarding labor rate?
- Is there a money back guarantee?
- Can I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel after 30 days?
- Ist the policy transferable to a new owner?
- See Autopom FAQ Page
Most vehicle protection plans come with benefits. Make sure the following are included at a minimum:
- Nationwide Protection?
- 24 hour roadside assistance?
- Rental vehicle assistance?
- Tire road hazard protection?
- Trip interruption protection?
- Transferrable to new owner?
- Affordable payment plans with no interest or fees?
- Direct payment to repair facility
- See Autopom Benefits page
- Does your competive quote present more than one option or do you have to agree to whatever terms they specify?
- autopom! represents multiple providers which enables us to offer our customers choice with several levels of coverage and a variety price points so you can buy the coverage that fits your budget and needs.
- autopom! represents multiple “A” rated carriers in order to fit you with the perfect plan! Bring your competitive quotes, let an autopom! agent know your requirements and let us go to work for you.