A majority of vehicles now come either equipped with or have the option to have keyless ignition. Perhaps your car has it. Many people love this feature and find it to be extremely convenient. However, it’s not all sunshine and roses. Following are three potential keyless ignition problems you could face:
- The car can accidentally be left running more easily. Since drivers don’t have to take the key out of the ignition, a driver could easily walk away with the key fob in their pocket or purse and leave the car on. This is the worst of the keyless ignition problems because it could cause deadly carbon monoxide to leak into a house if the car is parked in the garage and the car is left running. Many vehicle manufacturers have started to include a warning sound of sorts when the driver walks away with the key fob while the engine is running. However, not all makes and models have this feature yet, so be wary of this potential issue.
- If the key fob is left somewhere, misplaced, or broken, the car is inoperable. File this one under the category of most annoying keyless ignition problems. Imagine you have your key fob in your jacket pocket, then that jacket gets left in someone else’s car and they leave…now what? Or what if the key fob gets broken? You have no way to start or turn off your car!
- Cars with keyless ignition can be hacked. That’ right. If you haven’t already heard, cars with keyless ignition are vulnerable to being hacked. Someone can use special equipment to open your car and then get in and steal whatever you have in the car.
Now that you’re aware of the potential keyless ignition problems you could face, why not rid yourself of one more worry – unexpected auto repair bills! That’s right, if your manufacturer’s warranty has expired (or is expiring), consider extending that protection with an extended warranty or vehicle protection plan. If you would like to learn more about your options for an extended warranty or vehicle protection plan, we recommend getting at least a few quotes. I suggest you start with autopom! Contact autopom! today and let one of our knowledgeable agents help you. When you get a vehicle protection plan from autopom!, you get much more than just repairs. Here are some of the great features and benefits that autopom! offers:
- Protection against unplanned auto repair expenses due to mechanical failure after the manufacturer’s warranty expires
- Your choice of repair shops
- Roadside Assistance (including towing)
- Rental Car Assistance
- Tire Protection
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement
- Your choice of a variety of plan options in terms of months and mileage
- Convenient payment plans
- 30 or 60-day money-back guarantee and pro-rated thereafter
Third party providers, like autopom!, can give you great coverage, for less money than packages offered through car dealerships, so you can have peace of mind and save even more money. And we promise to work with you to find you the best plan for your needs at a competitive price. Also licensed to sell in California! Contact autopom! today!