Shopping for a new, or new to you, car? There are so many factors to consider and decisions to make, including the make, model, year, color, etc., that it can get overwhelming. Many people think the vehicle’s safety features are an important factor in their purchase decision, too.
Car Safety Features to Look For
Today’s vehicles have countless advanced safety features, many of which did not exist only a decade or so ago. Although we think more car safety features are a good thing, there are some that stand out. Here are 3 car safety features you should look for when purchasing your vehicle.
- Automatic emergency braking: This one is so important that more than 20 vehicle manufacturers have come together and agreed to implement it as a standard feature in all of their vehicles by 2022! What is it? When a vehicle senses a collision is about to happen, brakes are automatically applied to help stop that collision or minimize the severity of the collision.
- Backup camera: Coming from personal experience, having a backup camera is wonderful! It can definitely improve the safety of backing up a car. Did you know that 50 children under age 15 are hurt or killed from back-over collisions every week in the U.S.? This statistic is probably a big reason why federal rules actually require backup cameras on all new vehicles as of this year (2018).
- Blind-spot monitoring: This is when your car gives a visual and/or audible notification of a vehicle in a blind spot. Some systems have an extra warning if you use your turn signal when there is a car next to you in another lane. This feature is becoming more common, and consumers are beginning to demand it more, because it really can decrease your chances of an accident.
(If you’re looking for extra safety features that will help keep you and your family safe during dangerous winter weather driving, check out this list from BestCompany.com.)
How an Extended Vehicle Warranty Can Help
Car safety features are key to making a decision on a vehicle that is right for you. However, there are other things to consider as well. For example, the vehicle warranty and an extended vehicle warranty. If you’re buying a new car, you need to think about both. If you’re buying a used car, you will want to look at an extended vehicle warranty. What is an extended vehicle warranty, or vehicle protection plan? It is essentially a contract that covers the cost of certain repairs and problems after the original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
As you are deciding on which car safety features to look for in your vehicle, don’t forget to consider an extended car warranty. If you would like to learn more about your options for an extended vehicle warranty or vehicle protection plan, we recommend getting at least a few quotes.
The Benefits of autopom!
I recommend you start with autopom! Contact autopom! today for a free quote! All of our plans are backed by A+ rated insurers and include benefits like:
- Protection against unplanned auto repair expenses
- Your choice of repair shops.
- Roadside Assistance (including towing)
- Rental Car Assistance
- Tire Protection
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement
- Your choice of a variety of plan options in terms of months and mileage.
- Convenient payment plans
- 30 or 60-day money-back guarantee and pro-rated thereafter
At autopom! you’ll find more than just repairs. You’ll find automotive peace of mind knowing that your vehicle and your wallet are protected! Our award-winning agents are available to provide you with a free quote. Contact us today!