Mercury Extended Warranties
Properly Called A Vehicle Protection Plan As Sold by Autopom
If you are reading this article chances are good that you are interested in mercury extended warranties. This protection is more accurately called mechanical breakdown protection when sold by someone other than the manufacturer.
Is extended auto protection from Mercury Insurance Group a sound choice for this coverage? Consider the following points about Mercury extended warranties and draw your own conclusion.
Mercury insurance is not yet as well known of a brand such as Geico and Allstate in much of the country, but it soon will be. Californians, Texans and Floridans are well acquainted with Mercury as a low cost leader in auto and home owners insurance. Their presence is rapidly expanding through the rest of the United States. Mercury Select Management Company (MSMC), the administrator of Mercury's Mechanical Breakdown Protection products, regularly earns an A rating from A.M. Best. The company has 4 billion in assets so you know there will always be resources to pay your claims.
A Company You Can Trust
If you buy Mercury extended warranties (mechanical breakdown protection), or any extended contract for that matter, you are trusting that in your time of need the company will be there to serve you fairly. Mercury has been in the business since the 1970's and has sold and administered hundreds of thousands of contracts and policies. Try and find another company that has been in this business that long. It's a very short list. For many of these years the product has been sold though financial institutions (banks and credit unions) who are very serious about customer satisfaction and quality. Unlike virtually any other company you may find that Mercury goes way beyond putting its name on the contract. Through wholly owned Mercury Select Management Co. Inc it will do the following things:
- Send you a fulfillment kit within a few weeks of purchasing the coverage.
- Process your credit card transaction or provide 0% interest financing of your contract.
- Provide customer service with representatives who are employees of Mercury (no passing the buck).
- Pay your claims. Mercury's claims adjustors are certified by the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence.
- Refund your premium should you decide to terminate your contract before its' expiration, or choose not to transfer it to a new buyer of your vehicle.
Mercury Extended Warranties (Mechanical Breakdown Protection) Makes Things Easy For You.
- Repairs can be done at any licensed U.S. or Canadian repair facility.
- No limit to the number of claims and only one deductible per visit.
- All claims are handled by Mercury, not a third party administrator, with direct payment to repair facilities
- Savings up to 50% or more compared to manufacturers' extended warranties
Here in a nutshell is a description of Mercury's extended coverage:
All Contracts Receive
- 24 hour roadside assistance:
towing, cost key/lock out service, other road services
- Rental vehicle assistance
- Tire protection:
glass, nails, or other road hazards
- Trip Interuption:
meals and lodging for up to 3 days IF stranded by a covered breakdown more than 100 miles from home.
Four Levels of Protection
*If your vehicle is eligible, we recommend platinum coverage. Platinum provides extended coverage to virtually every mechanical and electric component of your vehicle.
So all of this sounds good. Great company, superior product, not outsourced to a third party. What's not to like? Must be expensive. It's not, but don't take my word for it. Get a quote from auto-POM! and compare to our competition. Auto-POM! is an authorized agent for Mercury. Auto-POM! has an A rating from the BBB. I think you will be very pleasantly suprised at the low price and payment options.