The Best Extended Auto Warranty
Let's face it; sometimes things come our way that we don't expect to occur. People buy cars everyday in hopes that all of their expectations will be met. However, situations arise, and many car owners are faced with mechanical failure. A car that was once a prized possession can quickly turn into a money drain.
This situation can easily be avoided by buying an extended auto warranty. Many people want to know how to get the best extended auto warranty. The best extended warranties will provide you with years of peace of mind and will protect you against expensive auto repairs. However, many products on the market are overpriced and some are not worth the paper they are written on.
Extended auto warranties provide coverage after the original manufacturer's warranty expires. When sold by a third-party such as autoPOM!, this coverage is known as mechanical breakdown protection. However, for simplicity, we will continue to refer to it as "extended auto warranty" for the remainder of this article.
Buying the Best Extended Auto Warranty
When it comes to selecting the best extended auto warranty plan, you have two basic options. You can:
- Purchase the product from the manufacture (usually through a dealership)
- Purchase from a reputable third-party such as autoPOM!
If you decide to purchase from the manufacturer, you will probably have to go through the dealership. If you choose this route, be sure that you're getting the manufacturer's genuine extended warranty and not a third-party product that is sold by the dealership. If the dealership is offering the manufacturer's extended warranty you're pretty sure to pay "top dollar" but you can also be confident that they will stand behind it. If the dealer is offering a third party product then you need to exercise a little more caution.
If you choose to purchase directly from a third party, you want to be sure that you're getting the best extended warranty available to you. So, what defines the best extended auto warranty? Here are some questions to ask:
- Reputation? Make sure that you’re choosing a reputable company. AutoPOM! has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Trust? Make sure that the company behind the company is reputable. Most third-party companies (including autoPOM!) are representing an insurance agency or some other type of financial entity. AutoPOM! is an authorized agent for Mercury Insurance Group. Mercury Select Management Company (MSMC), the administrator of Mercury's Mechanical Breakdown Protection products, regularly earns an A+ rating from A.M. Best.
- Administrator? Consider who is going to administer your service contract or policy. Is it the company whom you purchased it from, the insurance company or another entity. Where is their call center located? Is it in this country? autoPOM!'s mechanical breakdown protection is backed and administered by Mercury Insurance Group. They are located in Oklahoma. When you have a claim, you deal directly with Mercury.
- Repair facilities? Some contracts or policies may restrict you to certain repair shops. Be aware of this and make note that this restriction is never ideal.
- Transferrable? If you decide to sell your vehicle while the service contract is still in effect, can it be transferred to the next owner with a minimal processing fee? This can be a huge asset in the saleability of your vehicle. Mercury's service contracts and policies are transferrable to the next owner. The transfer fee is only $40.
- Direct Payment? Does the contract or policy allow for direct payment to the repair facility? Mercury pays each repair facility directly via major credit card, ensuring a quick and seamless process.
- Coverage? Be aware of what is and isn't covered in your plan. Read the contract and familiarize yourself with the terms and make sure that they meet your needs. Understand the extent of the coverage, the deductible, and so on. If your vehicle qualifies, Mercury offers a "exclusionary" coverage which means that everything is covered unless specifically excluded in the agreement. This is the best extended auto warranty coverage available and you should choose it if your car is elegible.
- Cost? Finally, how much does the contract cost? Have you compared it to competing products? Does it offer comparable coverage? autoPOM! is the industry low cost leader. Competing products are typically priced at hundreds of dollars more.
I hope that this article will help you find the best extended auto warranty. If we at autoPOM! can assist you in this endeavor please do not hesitate to call, write or request a quote using one of the following links: